ILCA offers a full range of online educational programmes delivered by scientific and medical experts from around the world exchanging the latest scientific advances and best practices in liver cancer research and care.
16 June 2022 | Tumor heterogeneity in HCC analyzed by single cell analysis
08:30 – 09:30 EST | 14:30 – 15:30 CET | 19:00 – 20:00 IST
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is a molecularly heterogenous disease influenced by a complex etiological factors. As tumor cells are the smallest structural and functional unit of a tumor lesion, understanding tumor biology can be better achieved by single cell analysis. Three experts in the liver cancer and single cell analysis field will discuss latest research findings and share their perspectives on the methodologies and scientific approaches to address questions related to improving biological understanding and therapeutic intervention of HCC.
Join the webinar if you want to learn more about:
- HCC and iCCA and they varying degree of molecular diversity
- How tumor molecular diversity and tumor functional clonality are linked to patient outcomes
- How tumor-derived VEGF may drive microenvironmental reprogramming
- More about CD8 T cells in mice and human CD8 T cells
- Immune cell interaction with hepatocytes
- Autoagressive CD8 T cells and their tumor surveillance function
Valerie Chew, PhD, Principal Investigator, Translational Immunology Institute (TII), SingHealth-DukeNUS
Xin Wei Wang, PhD, Senior Investigator and Deputy Chief, Laboratory of Human Carcinogenesis, Co-Director, Liver Cancer Program, Center for Cancer Research , National Cancer Institute, NIH
Lichun Ma, Stadtman Investigator, Cancer Data Science Laboratory, co-affiliation, Liver Cancer Program, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, USA
Topic: Understanding of Tumor Heterogeneity and Tumor Evolution in Liver Cancer
Dr. Ramanuj DasGupta, Senior Group Leader, Laboratory of Precision Oncology & Cancer Evolution, Spatial and Single Cell Domain, Genome Institute of Singapore, A*STAR
Topic: Tumor heterogeneity in HCC analysed by single cell analysis
Mathias Heikenwälder, Full Professor (W3) and Head of Department, Chronic Inflammation and Cancer, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), Heidelberg, Germany
Topic: Analyzing immune cells and liver parenchymal cells in NASH and NASH/HCC
13 September 2022 | Tips from the editor's desk
11 October 2022 | Recent developments in targeted therapies in BTC
8 November 2022 | Recommendations for practicing TACE
13 December 2022 | Novel emerging therapies for advanced HCC
Clinical Applications for Liquid Biopsy in Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Tuesday 10 May, 2022
During the webinar we learned more about the potential role of liquid biopsy across the spectrum of HCC, and topics including:
- What is liquid biopsy?
- The role of liquid biopsy for HCC detection
- and more to find out in on-demand webinar
Tips from the editor’s desk: How to succeed in the peer review process
Tuesday 12 April, 2022
5 Senior Editors from top journals in hepatology and oncology come together to discuss all aspects of the peer review process, including:
- How to be a good peer reviewer
- How to review revised manuscripts
- Formatting revised manuscripts and responses to reviewers
- Discussing questions around revisions or acceptance decisions with the editor
Neoadjuvant and Adjuvant Immunotherapy in HCC
Thursday 10 March, 2022
The use of immunotherapy in the treatment of cancer has rapidly increased and is approved to treat HCC in the advanced stage. This has led to a growing interest in their clinical use. This webinar summarises the current evidence and the gaps in knowledge.
- Rationale and surgical perspective
- Facts, Challenges, and future directives
Systemic Therapy for Advanced HCC Continues to Evolve Rapidly
Tuesday 8 February, 2022
- Durva Tremi: a new first-line option for advanced HCC?
- What is the future for combining checkpoint inhibitors and TKIs?
- What is the role for single agent TKI first-line?
Primary and acquired resistance to immunotherapy in HCC: From research to practice
Thursday 11 November, 2021
- How can animal models help better understand primary and secondary resistance to immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy
- Combination Strategies to Address Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Resistance in Advanced HCC
- Insight from neoadjuvant and adjuvant trials of immunotherapy
Systemic therapy of CCA. Patho-molecular profile meets treatment choices
Monday 27 September, 2021
- Pathology of CCA
- Molecular characterization, actionable genetic alterations
- Targeted therapies including immunotherapy given recent promising early phase data with lenva-pembro or IO+chemo and ongoing phase 2-3 trials
Radiation oncology in the management of HCC. Who and how should be treated.
Thursday 17th June, 2021
Duration: 1 hour
Best of ILCA 2020
As 2021 gets into gear, ILCA’s liver cancer experts present this webinar based on key selected sessions of the ILCA 2020 Annual Conference.
Thursday 25th February, 2021
Duration: 1 hour
Management Of Hcc During Covid-19: ILCA Guidance
Our expert presenters discussed the current data on COVID-19-related liver disease and the impact of SARS-CoV-2 infection in patients with chronic liver diseases.
Friday 17th April, 2020
Duration: 1 hour